This healthier take on green bean casserole is fast and easy for big and small chefs alike. And, you can customize it to make it your own: just remove the cheese to make it vegan, or add some crumbled bacon to make it meaty!
Green bean & cherry tomato tian
- 5 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 4 ingredients (onion through pepper); saute 8 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar, basil, and oregano; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Arrange beans in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with onion mixture. Arrange tomatoes on top of onion mixture, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
Easy-peasy and fun to make with the kids, these pumpkin cups use Greek yogurt and pumpkin to up the nutrition while maintaining great flavor!
Serving size: 24
- Package of wonton wrappers
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup honey-flavored greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1-1/2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray 2 muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Let your kids press a wonton wrapper into each muffin cup. Spray with cooking spray. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until wonton wrappers are crisp and lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat or whisk pumpkin, yogurt and pumpkin pie spice together until well-blended.
- Place the wonton cups on a serving platter. Let the kids fill each cup with the pumpkin mixture, top with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired. Serve immediately.